Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £50,000 - £58,000
Application date: 25th Jan 2019
A General Manager with experience of managing a small engineering company is required to support a very well respected and and long established coating business.
The role of General Manager includes the following:
• P&L responsibility
• Review internal processes and recommend opportunities for improvement
• Increase sales through diversification in to new sectors where appropriate and ensure the link between sales, production and dispatch is achieved.
• Maintain quality standards and look to implement additional ISO standards to penetrate new markets such as aerospace.
• Make commercial decisions to drive sales, improve margin and increase productivity.
• Accountability for health and safety and chemical treatment facility.
The suitable candidate for this General Manager position will need to have the following experience:
• An existing General Manager or Production/Engineering Manager looking for a step up to General Management.
• Technical qualification in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is desirable but not essential.
• Strong commercial experience within manufacturing.
• Experience with working within a small SME where you need to get involved in all areas of the operation.
This a wonderful opportunity to manage a very well established engineering company in the heart of Birmingham. The role provides the selected candidate with an exciting challenge to grow the business in to new sectors.