Group Engineering Director
Recruiter: Michael Page
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Excellent salary and benefits package
Application date: 10th Oct 2022
About Our Client
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Group Engineering Director within a leading automotive pressings manufacturing group.
The role will have overall responsibility and accountability for the Engineering function across 7 manufacturing sites in the UK and Europe which will include budgetary management.
Strategic and tactical responsibility for implementing engineering strategy and strategic operational goals to exceed customer expectations for product development, quality, cost and delivery, maximising efficiency, optimising and driving engineering excellence.
• Create and implement best practice engineering vision and strategy to aid and improve business performance.
• Ensure that engineering and manufacturing processes and procedures are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
• Capture and analyse OEE data; ensuring resources are allocated appropriately and issues are resolved effectively.
• Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
• Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process for Engineering.
• Take ownership of the engineering policy, guidelines and any associated documents.
• Initiate and develop creative and innovative engineering processes.
• Provide technical support to business development, estimating and onsite engineering teams.
• Assisting projects with value engineering and financial control of contracts during construction stage.
• Develop planning and prioritise processes to ensure that multi-disciplinary resource is well aligned to maximise delivery of projects.
• Ensure Tooling, Maintenance and Manufacturing Engineering functions are equipped in terms of skill set, resources, equipment and succession planning.
• Oversee TPM and PPM schedules and ensure these are adhered to leading to minimising downtime, reducing breakdowns of Presses and improving OEE per site.
• Report on Engineering activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant KPIs.
• Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety, engineering and quality standards and procedures are adhered to.
• Establish quality and reliability standards by studying industry benchmarks and the requirements of customers and research/design and development, and
The Successful Applicant
• Experienced leader who has a demonstrable track record of success at Engineering Director level (or a multi-site Engineering Manager within a larger business.
• A sound understanding of the Pressings and Stampings industry.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills that can be used when making critical decisions.
• The ability to think critically.
• An in-depth understanding of productivity and efficiency management and how to implement change to improve OEE.