Group Purchasing Manager
Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Application date: 4th Oct 2019
Your new company
My client is a manufacturing and supply business with close links to the construction industry. Based in Loughborough the are easily commutable from around the East Midlands with ample free parking.
Your new role
The role will involve overseeing the purchasing function to procure products, materials and service to ensure supply requirements and on-time deliveries are met.
• Managing the purchasing function – 3 FTE
• Dealing with high profile suppliers
• Manage supplier performance
• Implement procurement strategies.
What you’ll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be a ‘hands on’ purchasing manager who enjoys all aspects of purchasing from supply chain management to planning, and the development of a team.
• Previous senior level purchasing management/negotiation and supplier management
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with all levels.
• The ability to provide strong leadership.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• The ability to prioritise to meet tight deadlines.
• Good problem solving skills.
• A team working ethos
• Good analytical skills.
• Attention to detail.
What you’ll get in return
This role offers a strong compensation package alongside generous holidays and an early finish on Fridays.