Head of Business Improvement
Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Location: UK wide
Salary: Competitive + car allowance & benefits
Application date: 12th Oct 2022
Greencore is a fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. Supplying all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals. Seeking a Head of Business improvement to join the Greencore Food For Now Operations team. To take responsibility for 7 manufacturing Sites across the UK, with c25 Direct reports across Business Improvement Managers/Co-ordinators. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be a key member of the senior Operation Leadership team, working closely with the General Managers of the sites and other stakeholders to provide day to day leadership support and direction, to deliver annual business plan savings through manufacturing excellence.
• To ensure that site GME teams are budgeted and resourced appropriately to enable delivery of their targets.
• To work with site and network colleagues to ensure that a pipeline of achievable GME initiatives capable of delivering the agreed GME targets is developed
• To monitor site delivery of GME initiatives and maturity within agreed timescales and financial targets, escalating support requests to network colleagues if required.
• To provide Leadership and Direction for the given manufacturing units, to ensure the people are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed and delivering to their potential.
• To build relationships and deliver results through managing stakeholders.
• To deliver the implementation of the automation solutions in line with the automation roadmap.
• To align the business behind and ensure successful implementation of the in-year automation program savings
• Ideally educated to Degree Level in a relevant field
• Experience of delivering results within a fast-paced environment
• Experience of leading change through multi-site teams
• Demonstrable ability to manage and engage people with change
• Lean and continuous improvement knowledge and experience
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Sound analytical mind-set with the ability to interpret and shape data
• Should be comfortable with being hands-on in a working factory environment
• Advanced analytical skills
What you’ll get in return
• Competitive salary and job-related benefits
• Car allowance
• Pension up to 8% matched
• Life insurance up to 4x salary
• Company share save scheme
• Greencore Qualifications
• Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform