Head of Manufacturing
Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Salary: £60,000 - 70,000 + car, bonus & benefits
Application date: 2nd Aug 2021
With an outstanding history, heritage and reputation, our client operates as the undisputed market leader in their industry. They manufacture an outstanding range of low volume, high value products for an ever-increasing customer base. Private Equity owned, the business is an agile and fast paced organisation who have experienced strong growth over recent years and indeed this has continued to accelerate during the Pandemic and growth remains firmly on the agenda. As such, this is an exciting time to be joining this dynamic organisation.
• This is a substantial change management role where you must be able to lead significant manufacturing activities within a highly commercial environment at a time of major change.
• Reporting to the Managing Director, this role focuses on best practice manufacturing/operational management for a significant business unit poised for further growth.
• You will have direct accountability for a demanding function and will lead all aspects of manufacturing, making substantial improvements through the introduction of process, methods and technologies.
• You will set the strategy for the manufacturing organisation with an emphasis on output, customer requirements, Health & Safety, whilst driving waste elimination and developing a truly measurable continuous improvement culture.
• Simultaneously, you will use your expertise to lead a manufacturing team towards best in class and know the inputs required to bring added value go way beyond cost cutting.
• You will create a rigorous quality philosophy and will drive people engagement, creating a culture of involvement at all levels to ensure a high performing, best practice environment.
• To implement a sophisticated change programme in terms of systems, process, people and innovation.
• This exciting role demands a high calibre Manufacturing/Operations Specialist who enjoys a growth environment and relishes the opportunity to tackle a highly autonomous, hands-on and strategic position.
• Of graduate calibre, you will have gained your expertise within a progressive and demanding manufacturing organisation, where ideally you will have been exposed to products involving in complexity/high number of component parts.
• As such, you may well have been working within the Aerospace/Automotive, modular building/homes sectors, albeit other best practice industries i.e. high volume building products etc will also be considered. Overriding this will be your desire, application, aptitude and capabilities to drive measurable business improvements within the organisation.
• A self-starter, creative and decisive, you will be the type who can champion change, introduce far reaching initiatives and will relish the opportunity to advance your career in a market leading organisation, where superb opportunities exist for high class performers.