Head of Manufacturing Engineering
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Attractive salary + benefits
Application date: 9th May 2022
As a member of the site leadership team, the Head of ME will report to the Site Director and assume responsibility for 3 Manufacturing Engineering Managers. They will be accountable for delivering Manufacturing Engineering solutions to the Programs and Operations organizations. This will include creating a Zero Defect culture through the application of the Zero Defect Manufacturing (ZDM) tool suite to ensure industry leading quality performance, guaranteeing on time delivery. The role will also be accountable for delivering year on year conversion cost productivity targets in collaboration with the site leadership team.
• Exemplify a safety-first mindset and ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards.
• Build and lead a high performance, multi-disciplined Manufacturing Engineering organization encompassing the whole ME perimeter including Facilities & Maintenance including managing talent selection, training, development, engagement, ongoing performance and succession planning
• Budgetary ownership for the site Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities & Maintenance team
• Accountable for delivering annual quality improvement targets for the site, enabling year on year conversion cost target realization
• Accountable for delivering Facilities & Maintenance performance results in accordance with Site Budget and Strategic Plan
• Develop the Zero Defects Manufacturing (ZDM) mindset and culture into the site Manufacturing Engineering organisation through implementation of standard ZDM tool suite and APQP process
• Develop close relationships with Program teams to deliver manufacturing engineering solutions in line with customer requirements and expectations
• Accountable for sustaining and improving Program & Product manufacturing engineering systems in line with business case expectations
• Occasional national travel to Customer sites.
What we are looking for
• A background in Aerospace Engineering.
• Extensive manufacturing engineering experience gained from a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• A BEng in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Significant experience of managing manufacturing engineering managers
• Experience of coaching and developing leaders and teams
• Experience of influencing stakeholders and establishing effective working relationships within a global organisation
• Experience of managing new product process introduction (industrialisation)
• Experience of managing existing production process improvements
• LEAN processes and practices experience
• Quality system models experience such as ISO9000, AS9100 or D1-9000
What is on offer
• Attractive Salary
• Car allowance
• Hybrid working- the incumbent will have the flexibility of occasional working from home dependent on the needs of the business.
• Industry Leading Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance 8 x salary
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Income protection
• Shopping discounts, Cycle to Work Scheme
• Opportunity to earn up to 22.5% bonus