Head of Operations
Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: £75,000 - £85,000
Application date: 19th Sep 2023
About Our Client
Our client is a growing manufacturing company based in Preston.
The Head of Operations is a key part of the senior management team / Board, and plays a vital role in driving performance in safety, quality, productivity, delivery and cost.
The role is suitable for an individual with a technical manufacturing background who can drive performance through people utilising world leading operations management practices.
A key function of the role is to deliver the operational strategy utilising KPI measures that reflect the needs of the business.
• Operate a safe working environment and work with the health, safety & environment group to ensure that the production team are participating in health & safety activities.
• Direct line management, with overall responsibility 40-50 staff.
• Take leadership on the application of best management practices including a culture of respect, regular appraisals, use of KPIs, and the development of talent on the shop floor.
• Heavy involvement in continuous improvement working with the CI manager, acting as a mentor to the production team and driving involvement in continuous improvement.
• Improve existing KPIs such as on time in full (OTIF%), labour productivity, attendance & reject/reworks.
• Responsibility for the recruitment and selection of all production staff, working closely with plant manager to delver a recruitment strategy that meets business needs where seasonality poses a constant challenge
The Successful Applicant
• You will have a bespoke manufacturing background. Experience in textiles, fabrics or upholstery would be advantageous.
• A proven track record of developing and improving a manufacturing site in the form of implementing world class processes and then driving continuous improvement.
• A real drive and determination to meet objectives and to be fully accountable.
• A keen eye for detail to understand and improve all processes whilst making sure the quality of the products produced are of the highest standard.
• Take ownership of the role with clear communication and strong engagement with key stakeholders and direct reports.
• Clear leadership and hands on management expertise
What’s on Offer
£75,000 to £85,000 plus package