Head of Operations
Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: £70,000 - £75,000 + bonus & benefits
Application date: 9th Oct 2023
About Our Client
Our client is a well established, bespoke manufacturing company based in Stoke.
Purpose: – The purpose of this role is to drive change and lead Manufacturing. Running the daily operations covering Health and Safety, Manufacturing, Technical Support, Logistics, Warehousing and Purchasing.
The Head of Operations will report to the Managing Director and support building the Operational Strategies for the business.
· To implement and drive an operational strategy covering Health and Safety, Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Technical support; and to deliver that Strategy.
· Drive the culture and ethos of the teams to ensure resources are used efficiently.
· Implement core Operational Policies to ensure that the operations achieve their business targets and continually drive for improvement.
· Ensure current ISO Accreditations are maintained – and to expand to other relevant ISO accreditations as required to support the Operational need.
· Manage operational budgets to drive profitability, ensuring the operations has the appropriate resources to meet its business needs.
· Own the quality of goods being manufactured – to ensure customer expectations are met at the right cost fully on time.
· Direct the purchasing strategy to drive down costs of incoming goods, whilst managing quality and lead times.
· Drive Stock principles to minimise unnecessary Stocks whilst ensuring the Operations run efficiently
· Develop working practices that ensure a safe and Healthy working environment.
· Support and Lead the team of Operational Managers to monitor and measure performance and drive improvement where required.
· Analyse all aspect of the Operational performance and develop Metrics and reporting to the MD to demonstrate successful execution of the Operational Business Plan.
· Support the MD wherever required, across other functions in the Business.
· Be the go-to person for Operational queries – and ensure that the operation is evolving to maintain its competitive edge and continue as Market Leader.
· Work closely with internal suppliers and customers to ensure end to end efficiencies are managed.
The Successful Applicant
· Experience in a Head of Operations or similar role – a proven track record at this level within manufacturing
· Results driven with a proven track record of operational management excellence.
· Degree level or equivalent qualification.
· Technically minded; experience working with technical products and new product development
· An understanding of, and exposure to, the principles and tools of lean manufacturing
· Awareness of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and best practice
· Awareness of Quality Management Systems and ISO9001 certification
· Awareness of processes and systems to drive effective procurement
· Demonstrated tendency to challenge the status quo and drive constant improvement in process.
· A real passion for what you do, and the ability to inspire that passion within your team to drive the culture through personal best practice.
· A strong entrepreneurial mind set and hands-on approach.
· An analytical mind-set
· Excellent decision-making skills.
· Excellent organisational skills.
· Required – Strong Manufacturing background, preferably within an SME
· Preferred – Strong Financial background.
What’s on Offer
£70,000 to £75,000 plus bonus and benefits