Head of Operations
Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Location: North East
Salary: £90,000 - £110,000 + car, bonus & benefits
Application date: 5th Jul 2019
Part of a substantial £6.3 billion organisation and operating as the forefront of their industry, our client is one of the world’s largest fertiliser companies and provides end users and manufacturers on five continents with a wide range of high performance solutions. This is an extremely exciting time to be joining this organisation. Growth remains firmly on the agenda and this will require new ways of thinking and a new approach both culturally, operationally and strategically. There are substantial opportunities that must now be realised and as such, we are looking to appoint a high calibre Head of Operations to this key position.
• This is a substantial change management and leadership role where you must be able to lead significant operational activities within a highly commercial environment at a time of major change.
• Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will be focused on best practice operational management with an emphasis on output, customer requirements, health & safety, efficiency and lean improvements and compliance amongst others.
• You will have full accountability for all operational activities including; mining, manufacturing, engineering and processing with a significant focus on new products, methods and processes.
• You will define operational policy, undertake all mine planning activities and develop a truly measurable continuous improvement culture. You will be expected to lead the organisation towards best in class, in order to meet the company finance performance criteria.
• To formulate and implement plans to develop an effective operational structure and direct, coach, train and motivate teams towards the establishment of a continuous improvement environment.
• You will drive people engagement, creating a culture of communication and involvement at all levels, to ensure a high performing best practice environment.
• To implement a sophisticated change programme in terms of systems, processes, people and innovation.
• This unique position demands an exceptional individual who enjoys a growth environment, substantial autonomy and a highly visible role and your experience may well have been gained working in different countries and cultures.
• You will have a highly consistent track record of world class operational management gained ideally within best practice processing industries. As such, this is likely to include mining (both underground and/or surface), chemical plants, chemical processing, mineral processing, steel, petrochem, oil & gas, mineral refinery, nuclear, waste/waste management etc.
• Of graduate calibre (possibly with an appropriate degree), you will be able to set a clear strategy, inspire those around you and will set direction, agree purpose and understand the levers to pull to drive performance through your teams.
• An entrepreneurial self-starter, creative and empowering, you will be the type who can champion change, introduce far reaching initiatives and will relish the opportunity to advance your career in a market leading organisation, where superb career opportunities exist for high class performers.