Head of Quality & Continuous Improvement
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Market related
Application date: 20th Nov 2020
As the Head of Quality & Continuous Improvement for this precision engineering SME you will be joining a progressive organisation with a strong brand and reputation for innovation and manufacturing excellence. The company supplies high precision machined metal components across a range of industrial sectors that include Aerospace, Nuclear, General Engineering and Oil & Gas. As part of a programme of change the business is keen to recruit a forward-thinking quality professional, part of the senior management team you will report directly into the Directors. To be successful in this role you must have a demonstrable track record of managing the quality function within a precision engineering and highly regulated manufacturing environment. This will include assessment of current processes and developing a plan that further reinforces a quality and continuous improvement culture across the organisation.
To be considered for this Head of Quality & Continuous Improvement position you must have:
• Experience working as a senior quality professional in a precision machining environment with a strong understanding of quality management systems operating in accordance with AS 9100 including all statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Strong leadership and management experience with the ability to define, develop and implement the quality management strategy across the organisation.
• Experience acting as the primary quality control resource for problem identification and resolution, managing internal and external quality metrics, root cause analysis and lead all internal quality audits.
• A passion for continuous improvement, able to train and mentor all functional heads in the application of Lean, Six Sigma tools and techniques. Develop standardised training and tools to be used across the business to ensure a consistent approach to continuous improvement activities.
• A dynamic and driven personality, with an ability to build robust working relationships across the company, work effectively at all levels from the shop floor to the boardroom and with customers and suppliers alike.
• An Engineering, Manufacturing or Quality related degree or equivalent technical qualifications ideally supported by practical hands on experience gained in a precision engineering environment.
• Strong communication skills, setting high standards, leading by example, with a tenacious approach to continuous improvement and instilling disciplines that will deliver exceptional levels of product quality and customer service.
This will be a challenging and rewarding Head of Quality & Continuous Improvement position and presents an opportunity to be part of a close-knit senior management team for an SME business that has serious ambitions to continually improve and grow. Working closely with the Directors you will help define the roadmap for quality and continuous improvement and provide guidance to the other members of the senior management team. At present you will probably be working as a Quality Director, Quality Manager or Head of Continuous Improvement and looking for an opportunity that can offer growth, challenge and personal development.