Head of Supply Chain and Logistics
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Market related
Application date: 12th May 2017
A Head of Supply Chain and Logistics is required on a permanent basis to join a leading defence organisation based in the Worcestershire area who manufacture niche, high-value products for the Ministry of Defence.
The Head of Supply Chain and Logistics will be responsible for supply chain strategy – planning, implementing and controlling the operations of the supply chain to satisfy customer requirements.
The Head of Supply Chain and Logistics will be responsible for the following:
– Managing the purchasing function
– Contract negotiation
– Supplier relations
– Supporting bid activities
– Movement and storage of materials and components
– Monitoring and managing inventory levels
– Delivery of finished goods
– Improving supplier on-time delivery, maintaining quality and reducing cost
In addition, the following general attributes are required for the Head of Supply Chain and Logistics:
– Educated to degree level ideally
– Considerable experience in Supply Chain management within a manufacturing environment
– Experience and knowledge of the international Defence Engineering supply base
– Knowledge of contract law
– Knowledge and experience of ITAR and export control
– CIPs qualified would be advantageous
– Knowledge of Lean Sigma processes and EN9100 quality standards desirable
Due to our client’s activity and customer base, security clearances will be required. On this basis, applicants will need to be from a suitable nationality and background to be considered.
This is an urgent requirement, so if you are interested in applying for the role of Head of Supply Chain and Logistics, please contact Sarah Davies, email@example.com.