Head of Supply Chain Insights
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £60,000 + Car allowance & Private Health Care
Application date: 12th May 2017
Our client is the industry leading FMCG research and training charity. They sit at the heart of the food industry, bringing together a unique network of retailers, manufacturers, primary producers and service providers to address the big issues being faced now or in the future.
Their in-depth understanding of shoppers, retailing and supply chains is supported by their knowledge of broader topics affecting the industry – health, nutrition, sustainability and economics among them.
They are now looking for a Head of Supply Chain Insight to take ownership of the Supply Chain Analysis service – their fastest growing programme, redevelop the offer whilst holding true to the business’s mantra of quality, quality, and quality. You will be skilled at interpreting customer needs, understand where insights add value and able to create a solution to meet that need. You will be given the space to strategically define and develop the business programme, supported by a team of experts.
They want an individual that is highly driven to succeed, exhibits a hands on entrepreneurial spirit, with a can do attitude, constantly looking to be challenged. It’s an extremely rewarding role, unparalleled anywhere in the industry.
Purpose of the role
• To lead our best practice and practical insights to help companies grow and reduce their cost
• To create thought leadership to help lead our industry meet the biggest challenges head on
• Lead the future development to showcase the business as the centre of supply chain excellence
• Programme manage projects, with a continual focus on quality and customer service
• Set out plans for internationalisation, and develop top level relationships
• Full budgetary responsibility, people development, and developing organisational capability
• Experience of working in the consumer packaged goods industry as a retailer, supplier, service provider or consultancy
• Customer led experience in a customer/supplier facing supply chain role having delivered programmes in change, cost reduction, value creation or cross functional improvement
• A customer solutions mind-set steeped in analysis and meaningful insight, with a track record in delivering success whilst developing strong and lasting relationships with customers
• Ability to think creatively with a passion for best practice
• Resilience to handle the pace of a commercial environment and enjoy cut and thrust in managing customers
• Ethos of continuous improvement and high quality execution in all work undertaken
• Tenacious and focused with a flexible approach to meet changing priorities
• Skilled communicator able to raise profile internationally and build lasting relationships
• Able to identify customer needs and create a commercial solution
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to portray complex ideas simply and concisely
• Intellectually robust, educated to at least first degree level (any subject)
• Excellent IT skills are required, including Excel, Powerpoint and Word
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the industry leading Supply Chain ‘think tank’. If you feel this role is suitable for you and you can make a real impact on driving this well-known business forward, then apply online for consideration or forward your latest CV to email@example.com