Health and Safety Lead
Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: Market related
Application date: 18th Feb 2021
About Our Client
Michael Page Manufacturing are supporting an extremely fast growing business that supplies consumer goods directly to their customer base. The business is predominately logistics focused in the UK (Nuneaton) and are now looking to find a Health and Safety Lead, this is the first time the role has existed.
The business products are a sort after commodity and they have grown their headcount in the past 12 months 10 fold. It is an exciting time to join!
The successful Health and Safety Lead will be expected:
• To provide support and guidance to ensure a safe and suitable working environment which is compliant with current Health and Safety legislation.
• To drive and embed a positive safety culture and best practice at all levels of the organisation which deliver a healthy and safe working environment.
• To define and implement appropriate procedures and working practices that ensure the business meets its legal & regulatory requirements for all buildings, equipment, tooling and utilities supplies.
• To maintain all Company buildings and facilities in good working order.
• To liaise with appropriate departments to set up timely and best value support from external service providers.
• To work with the Security Controller to monitor and maintain the security of all Company property
• Define and Implement a business wide H&S strategy which ensures full compliance with current H&S legislation
• Promote H&S best practices to encourage continual improvement and reporting / action of ‘near miss’ situations
The Successful Applicant
The candidate will:
• Have a NEBOSH certificate as a minimum requirement- A Diploma or NVQ Level 5 is preferred
• Have an hands-on approach
• Can engage and communicate clearly and confidentially with the work force
• Be computer literate – excel / PowerPoint etc
• Have a can-do attitude
• Hold a flexible approach to working
What’s on Offer
This is a growth role for someone to create and develop from scratch a safety culture and as such the salary is in line with market rate
This is a fantastic growth opportunity