Recruiter: Sierra 57 Consult
Location: South East
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000
Application date: 27th Jul 2022
Job Overview: Our client are an established manufacturing business within the plastics industry supplying to global markets and due to succession planning, are seeking an experienced and confident HSE Manager to join their team.
• Site lead for all Health, Safety and Environmental matters and an integral member of the leadership team.
• Responsible for maintaining and improving HSE management systems and driving adherence to external as well as internal standards.
• Responsible for defining and guiding the HSE improvement strategy of the site as well as execution of improvement projects and activities.
• Undertake such training as required by the company & group Directors and to assist in the training of the HSE teams.
• Confidently coach and guide the leadership team/ other managers to improve / develop management styles and behaviours to improve the safety culture on site, while acting as a role model
• Ensure compliance to HSE regulations via robust systems and procedures.
• Develop and define Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
• Identify the training needs of members of the team, ensuring improvement in safety performance on site, employee engagement and reduction in risk to all employees.
• Create and maintain effective relationships with teams, supervisors and other work-based contacts.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of product and service quality.
• Ensure that your actions and the actions of other individuals do not compromise the legal requirements and safety standards.
• Perform your duties in accordance with the Company Manual and other departmental documentation, such as Work Instructions or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Ensure risk assessments are completed / maintained in line with a defined schedule
• Full root cause analysis using appropriate investigation techniques on all significant incidents (first aid, recordable, lost time incidents, fires etc).
• Conduct yourself in accordance with the policies set out in the Company Rule Book.
• Comply and ensure that your staff comply with the requirements placed on you/them by the Safety Management System and the Environmental Management System.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Must have 5-10 years’ HSE / H&S experience within a hi-volume manufacturing environment
• Must be qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level, or NEBOSH certificate and either be in the process OR be prepared to undergo the Diploma level.
• It will be deemed an advantage of you have experience within plastics packaging, plastics product manufacturing ie blow moulding, compression moulding, extrusion moulding, injection moulding etc however full product appreciation training will be provided to the successful applicant who is a proven HSE professional from other industry production disciplines.
• Be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Be knowledgeable with updating data to MRP systems
• A proactive approach to regular interaction with other departmental teams.
• Be a strong, clear English speaker & communicator
• Have a strong “can do, will do” personality and attitude, supported with good levels of tenacity, enthusiasm and resilience
• Have good project management skills and commit to project timeframes.
• Knowledge of working with a company culture of 150+ staff an advantage
• Previous exposure to Health, Safety and Environmental process and policies within a manufacturing environment.
• Strong up to date knowledge of UK HSE legislation
• Must have a Valid UK working visa
• Must have a full UK driving licence