Interim Plant Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £600 - £700 per day + expenses
Application date: 14th Mar 2023
An experienced Interim Manager is required for a short term interim assignment for a highly automated process manufacturing plant. As interim Plant Manager you will be joining a progressive forward-thinking organisation that has developed a strong brand reputation for manufacturing and engineering excellence. Due to an internal reorganisation the business is looking to appoint an experienced Plant Manager who will support a continuous improvement team-based culture that can deliver high levels of health, safety and environmental compliance, plant availability and the delivery of products on time in full of the highest quality.
To be considered for this Interim Plant Manager position you must have:
• Experience operating as an effective Operations Manager/Director, Manufacturing Director, Plant Manager or General Manager and be able to demonstrate a track record of success and able to hit the ground running.
• Held P&L responsibility for a manufacturing plant, be commercially astute with strong negotiation skills.
• A thorough understanding of Lean manufacturing tools and techniques used in a heavy processing environment, an understanding of TPM & RCM would be a distinct advantage.
• A strong Engineering or Manufacturing background with a thorough understanding of JIT supply and able to support and maintain an effective behavioural based Health Safety & Environmental programme.
• Commercially astute with the ability to maintain robust working relationships with customers, suppliers and internally at plant and group level.
• Able to lead by example, setting high standards with excellent people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a senior management team and highly skilled workforce.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present at a high standard within the group, with customers/suppliers and just as important with the workforce across all levels.
• A dynamic personality, driven and prepared to do what it takes to get the job done.
The role of Interim Plant Manager will require strong leadership and decision making skills with a focus that ensures exacting safety and QCD standards are achieved together with OTIF delivery backed up by excellent customer service.