Interim Production Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £500 per day (6-9 month assignment)
Application date: 21st Jun 2019
An Interim Production Manager is required for an interesting and challenging assignment working within a fast paced volume manufacturing and assembly environment. This is a successful business with products that are sold globally and has a reputation for reliability, quality and service. As part of a management restructure, the business is now looking to appoint an experienced Operations Professional as an Interim Production Manager who can hit the ground running. The business has a culture of Continuous Improvement and a thorough understanding of Lean Manufacturing. Your challenge will be to take it to the next level.
To be considered for this Interim Production Management assignment you must have experience of:
• Working as a Production/Operations Manager with experience gained in a cell manufacturing, flow line, assembly environment and be familiar with a high volume/low value and high value/low volume product mix.
• Modern manufacturing methods including JIT, Line Balancing, VSM, 5S, SMED, SOP, OEE, Error Proofing and Kanban pull systems together with problem solving tools such as 8D, DMAIC, PDCA, 5 Why, root cause and pareto analysis.
• Developing simple but effective measures and KPIs with an emphasis on Health Safety & Environment, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Morale.
• Developing an effective communication strategy that ensures everyone understands what the plan is, what is expected of them and what part they play in making it a success.
• Coaching and training people at all levels to ensure a common understanding of lean continuous improvement techniques.
• Developing a high performance and self-directed team culture, based on employee engagement and ownership.
This is an immediate appointment and the role will require strong leadership and decision-making skills with a focus on safety, people development, delivery and proactive problem solving. It is essential that you have excellent people management skills and the ability to sustain a culture based on engagement, continuous improvement and customer service excellence.