Learning and Development Manager
Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Application date: 1st Apr 2021
We are looking to appoint an experienced Learning and Development Manager to join an organisation in an exciting time of their change and people plan. Your remit will be to lead and support the organisation’s workforce in a range of departments. The business is looking to attract somebody who can really come in and add value and make a difference to their operations. The role is for somebody who has previously gained experience in a manufacturing setting and somebody experience of building a new training programme and platforms in all aspects of the employee’s journey.
As a Learning and Development Manager, you will be responsible for designing and developing new training courses and training curriculum for a busy manufacturing environment and to create a blended learning programme that will include digitisation of current programmes.
Overview of duties
• Draw an overall or individualised training and development plan that addresses needs and enhances customer experience
Identify and assess current and future training needs specifically through job analysis, performance and scope of work
• Deploy a wide variety of training methods, latest tools and techniques to maximise the effectiveness of training.
• Conduct effective induction and training to new and existing staff ensuring people have a great experience and have the capability to leave the grad programmes
• Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and report to management periodically
• Manage training budget to achieve optimal results
• Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary
• Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
• Collaborate with Quality Team on overall improvement and of performance
What you’ll need to succeed
We are looking for candidates who are experienced in L & D and have worked in this capacity in a manufacturing organisation.
Experience of building new learning programmes from scratch is essential
Experience of building digital learning platforms is essential
Experience of LMS is essential