Logistics & Supply Chain Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £49,000 - £62,000 + benefits
Application date: 12th Jul 2022
As a Logistics & Supply Chain Solution Design Manager, you will have the opportunity to transform the current and future business. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of logistics processes, machinery & equipment, storage concepts, material flow and creative solutions for site logistics.
You will be part of the Supply Chain group and will be responsible for developing teams to create innovative solutions for current and future processes, optimising safety and efficiency whilst creating or improving processes to maintain high levels of inventory control.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for team that is performing work to achieve supply chain performance targets focused on inventory control, inventory flow and improved order-to-delivery results.
• Coordinates and manages projects e.g., warehouse storage design, space utilisation, kitting or lean methodology including replenishment methods.
• Coordinates and manages team to support daily logistical operational requirements.
• Determines appropriate equipment and staffing levels to manage movement of materials at the facility.
• Responsible for developing and managing department budget and capital expenditure.
• Coordinates teams to develop logistics metrics, utilising analytical tools to improve efficiency and monitor performance.
• Conduct logistical studies to identify cost reduction or process improvement opportunities.
• Manage 3rd party storage solutions including material flow & transport to meet production requirements.
• Take a facility-wide view of supply chain planning processes and tools, in order to coordinate the efforts of multiple teams across functions and divisions.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
• Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships, collaborating and negotiating to achieve facility objectives.
• Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the business.
• Being able to develop teams, building mutual trust, respect and cooperation amongst team members.
• Must have advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to creatively solve very complex problems.
• Experience of managing, designing & implementing warehouse storage solutions, logistics processes, including metrics, material flow and control.
• Progressive experience within supply chain and/or logistics roles.
• College or university degree related to Supply Chain.
• Knowledge of SAP implementation and management.