Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £48,000 - £52,000 plus package
Application date: 26th May 2021
Your new company
An established and global manufacturing firm is looking for a maintenance team leader. This role has responsibility for engineering maintenance at their site, providing knowledge and practical experience of manufacturing equipment, requiring a working knowledge of process control systems.
In addition, you will have responsibility for maintenance engineering resource, stores and purchases, planned and preventative maintenance schedules for key equipment resources, organisation of engineering works orders and will contribute knowledge and expertise in projects as well as involvement in site engineering standards. The role demands a proactive approach to raise the overall performance in line with business and departmental objectives.
As a key member of the Engineering Team, you will play a critical role in coordinating and prioritising the daily work activities for both internal and external engineering resources, resulting in safe execution of the overall engineering work plan. Education and Training
• Higher education in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Experience in a manufacturing environment within Pharmaceuticals
• IOSH accredited training
• Ability to influence and gain respect from peer group
• Must be competent to provide engineering maintenance leadership and support the site maintenance team
• Good knowledge of statutory compliance obligations and Approved Codes of Practice for and not limited to: AtEx & DSEAR / PSSR / PUWER / LOLER.
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a high workload, prioritise own and team’s workload accordingly
• Commercially astute, experienced, knowledgeable and motivated
• Understanding of modern manufacturing methods i.e. TPM, Focussed Improvement and 6S
• Personal competencies in the following:
Impact and Acceptability
Development and coaching
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
• Good team leadership skills and excellent team player
• Ability to effectively multitask different operations
• Ability to analyse and adjust processes to increase productivity and operability
• Ability to think creatively to solve problems