Recruiter: Sierra 57 Consult
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Application date: 9th Dec 2022
Working alongside our client, a leading injection moulding manufacturer servicing a wide range of market sectors, we are looking for a Maintenance Manager to join their team during a period of continued business growth and to replace the retiring Manager.
• As a Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for managing the maintenance and repair to mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment on site and automation cells, as well as the coordination of a team of Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineers and apprentices.
• You will be required to advise on technical issues, monitor machinery performance and breakdowns.
• You must have had some involvement with hydraulics and pneumatics within a manufacturing environment as well as strong electrical/mechanical applications with proven experience of problem solving, fault finding and the repair of manufacturing machinery as well as robots, automated systems and assembly lines.
• The ideal candidate will have up to date 16th/17th / 18th edition qualifications, C&G or ONC within an engineering discipline.
• This is an excellent opportunity offering job security, satisfaction and career progression for the successful applicant of the Maintenance Manager post, suiting either an experienced Senior Maintenance Engineers looking to take the next career step or proven Senior Maintenance Engineers or Maintenance Leaders.
• Designing new equipment, processes and procedures
• Purchasing and installing equipment
• Repairing equipment
• Managing TPM’s
• Responding to breakdowns
• Investigating production problems
• Supervising engineering and technical staff
• Managing budgets
• Maintaining statistical and financial records
• Fault diagnosis
• Planning and organising maintenance
• Liaising with suppliers, customers and R&D staff
• A background and knowledge of hi-volume injection moulding manufacturing is essential
• Extensive engineering background
• An ONC/C&G (or equivalent) in Engineering or related discipline
• Hold 16th/17th / 18th edition wiring regulations qualification
• Good project management skills
• Strong management ability
• Team player