Recruiter: Optima UK
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Application date: 25th Jul 2019
Our client is a leading manufacturer company and has a deserved reputation for product quality and continuous improvement.
If you are looking to join a dynamic company with a commitment to developing its people, while investing in modern manufacturing processes, then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
We are looking for a competent maintenance engineer to manage maintenance on site. The successful candidate will be responsible for all the maintenance staff, ensuring the smooth running, upkeep and repair of all operations within the factory.
An excellent maintenance manager must be reliable and have a great eye for detail. They must have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc. Leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as scheduling are also essential.
The goal is to ensure that the facilities are in good and safe working condition at all times, with all machines maintained & operational.
• Management of the Maintenance Department and staff.
• Organisation and scheduling of all Electrical, Mechanical and Facilities maintenance activity.
• Development and management of PPM. (Planned Preventative Maintenance) via CMMS (Pirana)
• Management and implementation of departmental Health & Safety.
• Representation on company Health & Safety Committee.
• Management and implementation of departmental training.
• Departmental purchasing including management of supplier base.
• Departmental Budgetary control including annual planning and Capex.
• Hands on approach to breakdown and improvement activities.
• Management of installation and general engineering projects.
• Liaison to Upper Management and Director level.
• Educated to a minimum of HNC in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
• Proven experience as a Maintenance Manager or within a similar role
• IOSHH Trained.
• Technical knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
• Experience of manual & CNC (Siemens & Fanuc)
• Technical knowledge of site facilities (electrical, heating etc.)
• Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
• Budgetary control and performance management experience
• Excellent planning and leadership abilities
• Good computer & IT skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills