Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Up to £100,000 + full benefits
Application date: 15th Feb 2019
An experienced Managing Director is required for a global Engineering and Manufacturing business that is a full-service provider of specialist metal processing equipment. As a multi-site operation in the UK with engineering, manufacturing, and sales functions the are now looking to recruit a Managing Director that can work across these sites. Reporting into a European Group VP you will have full P&L, operational, commercial and strategic responsibility for this growing business. As a company with a strong brand identity they are continuously looking to develop new products and services and the UK has real growth potential. Ideally you will be working within an SME manufacturing or engineering business involved in the supply of special purpose equipment and services. This role will require frequent travel in the UK to visit customers/suppliers and to the parent group HQ in Europe.
To be considered for this Managing Director position you must have or be:
• Working as a Managing Director within an Engineering or Manufacturing based business supplying products or services into the UK infrastructure sector.
• Experience of cross selling products & services and developing new revenue streams in line with group strategy.
• Excellent HR and people management skills, a proven leader who can manage change and deliver organisational growth
• A solid understanding of modern manufacturing, continuous improvement and problem-solving techniques
• Commercially aware and financially astute, having held responsibility for P&L, cashflow management, budgets and forecasts and with a full understanding of public and private competitive tendering and bid management.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to deal with suppliers and customers to ensure the highest levels of customer service and delivery are achieved
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to create ownership and build robust working relationships with key stakeholders internally & externally with customers.
• Develop solution selling and a true collaborative consultancy approach to new business development.
This will be an interesting and challenging opportunity to take full responsibility for an established and well-respected business as Managing Director for the UK Operation. A strong background in Manufacturing & Engineering is required, supported by post graduate qualifications in Leadership & Management, Finance or an MBA. The position will require a great deal of energy, a hands on practical approach and a real desire to deliver exceptional levels of customer service.