Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Six figure salary + benefits
Application date: 15th May 2020
An experienced Managing Director is required for an established distribution & manufacturing SME business who have an excellent reputation for the supply and manufacture of engineered, high margin products used across a wide range of industrial sectors. With a proud heritage based on customer service excellence, they are a key supplier to many successful and recognised brands. To be considered for this Managing Director position you must have a demonstrable track record of achievement that has delivered business excellence and growth. In particular, you must have a strong background in strategic planning and business development with an entrepreneurial nature and the confidence to open up and penetrate new markets.
To complement your strong leadership, manufacturing and business acumen you will have a confident and engaging personality, take a long-term view, have an eye for detail with a real passion for operational excellence and customer service. In addition, you will be commercially aware, an accomplished negotiator and be comfortable dealing face to face with suppliers and customers.
To be considered for this Managing Director position you must have:
• Significant experience working in a senior management/leadership position within an SME distribution or manufacturing environment with full P&L responsibility.
• An ability to take a holistic view of business, think strategically, plan for the long term but ensure that short term goals and objectives are being achieved.
• Have a real passion for winning new business, able to quickly understand the technical and engineering capability within the company and work with the senior management team to deliver objectives.
• Have a thorough understanding of implementing sustainable lean supply chains and develop a high-performance culture based on people engagement and ownership.
• Qualifications will ideally be within a technical, supply chain or commercial discipline. A post graduate qualification in management or business is desired but not essential.
• An ability to lead by example, setting high standards with excellent communication and people management skills. A strong behavioral approach to developing processes and procedures that will deliver operational excellence and achievement of Health & Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery standards.
• A broad range of distribution and industry knowledge with an emphasis on end to end, bespoke component manufacture, from design to delivery.
• A dynamic, driven personality not prepared to accept second best with a real passion for people development, manufacturing excellence and exceptional customer service.
This is a high profile Managing Director position that offers a great opportunity to join an established business and continue to develop its successful reputation and capability across existing and new industrial sectors. If you are up for the challenge, this role will require connected leadership and business management skills together with significant experience in coaching, training and mentoring employees so that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to meet and exceed customer expectations.