Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £85,000 - £100,000 + benefits
Application date: 13th Nov 2020
Following a successful recent acquisition, this supplier of industrial equipment to the energy, utilities & defence sectors, is now in a position to expand its senior team with the recruitment of an Interim Managing Director. Initially a six-month fixed term assignment the position could be offered on a permanent basis should all parties be in agreement.
You will have a proven track record as a Managing Director / General Manager / Operations Director or similar within a complex engineering company and will have P&L responsibility for the business operations.
• Direct, motivate and develop existing staff
• Lead all site operations
• Achieve growth in sales and profitability
• Identify areas for improvement and investment
• Identify new product and market opportunities and execute a successful business strategy plan
• Maximise the asset utilisation of the business and establish capital expenditure needs
• Resolve issues and implement corrective actions where necessary
• Set expectations for subordinates and provide performance feedback
• Set and monitor product standards to ensure finished products are of the prescribed customer specification and quality
• Review stock storage system and facility implementing improvements
• Instil a culture of continuous improvement
• Ideally degree educated or equivalent, you will have held full P&L responsibility of a complex engineering business.
• Strong leadership skills, someone who can empower and motivate.
• Financially and commercially astute
• Strong and robust character, interested in people development
• Being highly analytical and inquisitive with the ability to understand how to implement continuous improvement and bring about effective change.