Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: Northern Ireland
Salary: Market related
Application date: 27th Nov 2020
An experienced Managing Director is required for an established manufacturing business involved in the manufacture of high value products that are sold to global markets. This company has an excellent reputation for product innovation and is now at the leading edge of clean energy technology. Building on a solid product foundation of design for manufacture, quality and reliability it is now introducing new technology and lean manufacturing tools and techniques that will improve productivity and lead time delivery.
With ambitious growth plans based on new product development, it is looking to recruit a dynamic and driven Managing Director to lead the company through a challenging period of growth and business transformation. The position would ideally suit an operations or supply chain professional currently working as an Operations Director, General Manager or Managing Director. This appointment offers an excellent opportunity to work alongside an experienced business leader and mentor who will give help and guidance during your transition into the business.
To be considered for this Managing Director position you must have:
• A breadth of technical and industry knowledge, commercially aware and financially astute having held responsibility for the P&L, balance sheet, cashflow and cost control within a fast-paced medium volume full engineering and manufacturing assembly business.
• A dynamic, driven, and approachable personality with excellent people management skills, able to lead by example, setting high standards with a tenacious approach to instilling disciplines and effective KPIs that will deliver operational excellence and achievement of exacting Health & Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery standards.
• An ability to develop strategic plans that can be translated into business objectives that are understood across the organisation at all levels and reinforced by KPIs and measures that will ensure departments work together as cohesive units to achieve the business plan, objectives and targets.
• Qualifications to degree level in manufacturing, engineering or a technically related discipline are required and should ideally be supported by further post graduate technical, management or business qualifications.
• A sound appreciation of the NI economy and knowledge of the local engineering/manufacturing supply chain would be a distinct advantage in this position.
• A proven leader who will challenge traditions, manage change and deliver organisational growth building a high-performance culture based on teamwork, trust, people engagement and ownership.
• A thorough understanding of lean manufacturing methods with practical experience of plant layout, VSM, 5S, root cause analysis, problem solving, SOP, visual management, SIOP and use of MRP/ERP systems for effective production planning and scheduling.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to create ownership, understanding and a desire to succeed across the business at all levels.
This high-profile Managing Director appointment offers a great opportunity to join an established business during a period of new product development and business transformation. This exciting and challenging position will require solid leadership and business management skills together with significant experience of change management and the development of a sustainable continuous improvement culture that will meet and exceed customer expectations.