Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £100,000 - £120,000 + car + bonus + pension + family health cover
Application date: 4th Nov 2021
My client is a leading global sheet metal processing technology business. They focus on the automation of material and data flow in cutting and bending processes with intelligent connectivity and innovative automation, software, and service solutions.
The Managing Director owns the organisation’s headcount structure, Profit and Loss (P&L), Balance Sheet (BS), Cost and Freight (CF) and localised growth strategy.
Defining the strategy and implementing the strategic plans for the organisation.
Provide leadership and direction within the company to ensure growth.
Ensures organisational standards and policies are maintained and followed.
The MD should strengthen, develop and motivate a strong management team
Ensure compliance to tax and legal requirements and the company’s own Compliance Manual.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Development of a product, client, and market portfolio, orientated around company growth (ROS).
• Implementation of growth strategies by anticipating trends and futures demands
• To ensure market leadership in products & services pricing, marketing & communication
• Responsible for the structure and organization of the market in UK & Ireland and appropriate delegation of tasks and authorities.
• Leading of all business activities (strong focus on sales combined with a strong grip on the financial key figures) in accordance with overall business objectives, business plan and annual budget.
• Business development in a growing but established market by challenging today’s market share distribution.
• Authorize investment decisions, divestitures, contractual commitments, disputes and lawsuits according to level of authority.
• General responsibility (P&L, BS, CF) for the local market with a strong emphasis on sales and service.
• Establish the budget for the region and ensure it will be met.
• Actively manage and control the Local Business operation to achieve the agreed results based on Order Intake, Fixed Costs and EBIT.
• Supervise and ensure professional financial management is maintained, in accordance with internal policies and current legislation.
• Acquisition of new clients and business partners as well as taking care of existing contracts.
• Personal support of key accounts (e.g. automotive industry) and support of sales staff in difficult negotiations.
• Ensure customer contracts are managed. Sign for larger projects, and take ultimate responsibility for delivery.
• Manage employee satisfaction and motivation within the company.
• Set challenging objectives and break down into individual manager and team goals.
• Take ultimate responsibility for appropriate staffing and appropriate resources.
• Support, Coach and challenge the local Management Team.
• Responsible for Performance & Talent Management and Development within the company.
• Supervise and ensure professional human resource management in accordance with company management objectives and current legislation.
• Promote collaboration within the Region.
• Exchange of information between the company and the HQ.
• Interface with Group Functions like Product Management, R&D, Finance and HR.
• Participating and playing an active role in regional and other events.
• Oversee and identify responsibilities for a structured and viable reporting system (financial and market reporting).
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external.
• Monitor performance and implement improvements.
• Ensure that key performance indicators, a Business cockpit and Risk Management are implemented.
Required Personal Skills & Key Behaviours
• Demonstrates business sense and grasps opportunities.
• Makes clear decisions.
• Strong management and leadership skills.
• Able to drive the team to beat targets and expectations through coaching and influence.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
• Able to implement and manage change in the business and support cultural change.
• Adapts to new and changing demands and situations.
• Self-driver mentality, high motivation and commitment.
• Able to produce high quality work and results under pressure.
• Solid communication and presentation skills.
• Highly analytical, critical and strategic thinking skills.
• Experience of defining and implementing strategies and plans for business.
• Proven results creating and implementing strategies that drive sales growth and operational development and efficiency.
• Ability to contribute to the management and growth of the organisation in the fullest sense.
• Knowledge of operation & sales excellence best practice, standards and procedures
• A minimum of 3 years in a similar position, ideally in sales of machine tools (investment goods) as well as sales know-how in capital goods required (including after sales service).
• Strong Sales, Financial (financial accounting principles and legal practices) and technical know-how.
• Experience operating within a global team, International experience is an advantage.
• Fluent written and oral English.
Educational / Professional Qualifications
• Technical, economic or commercial/business studies, ideally at degree level.