Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000 + car allowance, bonus & benefits
Application date: 19th Oct 2022
We are currently working with a world class organisation who specialise in the distribution of heat tracing solutions who are making significant investment and as such are looking to recruit a Managing Director. The main responsibilities of this role will be to develop and execute a strategic road map for sales, targeting market penetration and growth working closely with the customer and supplier base, while managing full P&L to meet the corporate objectives and plans.
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to lead a world class organisation supplying niche products and services, looking to significantly grow through the identification of new markets and through product innovation.
A highly competitive salary, car allowance, bonus and benefits, working for a market leader in the supply of heating tracing products for the construction, Oil & Gas and Process/General Engineering sectors.
As Managing Director you will be required to:
• Lead from the front, ensuring all employees buy into the vision and are mentored and developed to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
• Set overall strategic direction with the board, implementing long-term business plans to achieve company objectives.
• Manage the direction and growth through a focused sales approach incorporating cross and up selling into current and future markets where heat tracing will have significant benefits.
• Liaise with customers to establish market trends that will enable a targeted approach to business growth through effective partnerships.
• Work closely with the parent company and Sales Team to develop new business and new market penetration, whilst providing guidance within the sales strategy and process.
• Set companywide KPI’s and plans to gauge performance, implementing corrective actions or improvements across the business to address concerns that will impact profitability.
• Provide technical expertise and guidance when dealing with strategic customers to advise on products and their applications to meet customers’ needs and requirements.
• Manage all P&L accounts, reporting back to the board to deliver year on year growth to meet the corporate objectives and targets.
As Managing Director you will ideally have:
• A degree or MBA qualified
• Proven experience of successfully managing a technical distributor dealing with all P&L to include areas such as budget setting, balance sheets, risk assessment, etc.
• Experience of doing business within a high quality, engineering biased customer base being technically adept to discuss product applications and requirements with key stakeholders.
• Passion and drive, leading by example and inspiring your team to continuously develop their skills whilst delivering on the plans of the company.
• A strong commercial awareness, being data rationale, able to set effective targets that are achievable to meet corporate goals and objectives.,
• An adept ability to identify and close sales opportunities to ensure growth potential is realised.