Recruiter: Sierra 57 Consult
Salary: £80,000 - £85,000 + Car Allowance, Healthcare & Relocation Assistance
Application date: 4th Jan 2023
Working alongside our client, an established manufacturer of switchgear / LVAC products to source an experienced commercially biased Managing Director to join their team.
This successful business is in the transition of merging 2 companies under on umbrella, to combine 2x centres of excellence in delivering an exemplary product portfolio across leading blue chip clientele across the UK. This business is part of a large global parent company with several manufacturing plants and distributors across the world and are recognised as a leading presence within their specialist field and supplying to every industry market
• The ideal candidate will be an experienced senior management professional with a sales & commercial bias and good experience within LVAC applications.
• The successful Managing Director applicant will be responsible for developing the business to expand the customer base and product portfolio into different fields of electrical engineering.
• Based in the South, the Managing Director will be based across 2 company premises in close proximity of one another, with relocation assistance on offer for the right candidate.
• As Managing Director you will plan, implement and direct all the strategic and process improvement activities of the company.
• In the role of Managing Director you will take an active role in the management of the business and perform activities within key operating targets as detailed in the Business Plan.
• The successful Managing Director candidate will co-ordinate, manage and monitor the activities of all departments.
• Prepare and control sales budgets, control expenses and monitor budgets, investigate all sales attrition and customer accounts, perform credit checks on new customer accounts, chase outstanding debt.
• Liaison with the board to develop a sales strategy to achieve organisational sales goals and revenues.
• Report progress of the business plan targets on a monthly basis to all team members at the monthly meeting.
• Develop product and process road maps in conjunction with Group Engineering to ensure the business meets the future technical and service requirements of the customer base, whilst preserving margins.
• Plan the use of human resources, setting individual sales targets with all teams and ensuring that all staff are appraised at least once a year and are aware of the business plan objectives highlighting their contribution.
• Co-ordinate sales action plans for individual salespeople, overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team. Ensure sales team have the necessary resources to perform properly.
• Compile monthly Group board reports which would be inclusive of the relevant business KPI’s and progress towards critical longer term strategic actions defined in the business plan.
• Create and maintain effective working relationships with individuals, teams, managers and other work-based contacts.
• You must have a minimum of 5 years within technical commercial applications within preferably LVAC applications, however applicants with strong experience with switchgear or electrical engineering applications will be considered
• You must have a polished acumen and be of a senior professional stature with the gravitas for leading a successful team, be a people person, a mentor, and lead by example
• You must have good technical or engineering qualifications and hold a minimum 20 years engineering career portfolio experience to be be considered serious for this exciting post with a company enjoying success and repeat business in a very profitable outlook going forward.