Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £90,000 - £100,000 + bonus & benefits
Application date: 10th Feb 2023
We are currently working with a world class organisation who specialise in the distribution of electrical products, such as relays, connectors, circuit breakers, etc., who are making significant investment and as such are looking to recruit a Managing Director. The main responsibilities of this role will be to develop and execute a strategic road map for sales, targeting market penetration and growth, evolving current product range working closely with the supplier base while managing all P&L to meet the corporate objectives and plans.
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to lead a world class SME supplying niche products and services, looking to double in size through the identification of new markets and through product innovation.
A highly competitive salary, car allowance, bonus and benefits, working for a market leader in the supply of electrical products for the rail, aerospace and other demanding engineering sectors.
As Managing Director you will be required to:
• Lead from the front, ensuring all employees buy into the vision and are mentored and developed to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
• Set overall strategic direction with the board, implementing long-term business plans to achieve company sales targets and objectives.
• Manage the direction and growth, focusing on sales and product development through both the current and new distribution networks.
• Liaise with current suppliers to establish market trends and new products that will enable a targeted approach to business growth through effective partnerships.
• Work closely with the Sales Team to develop new business and new market penetration, whilst providing guidance within the sales strategy and process.
• Set companywide KPI’s and plans to gauge performance, implementing corrective actions or improvements across the business to address concerns that will impact profitability.
• Manage all P&L accounts, reporting back to the board to deliver year on year growth to meet the corporate objectives and targets.
As Managing Director you will ideally have:
• A degree qualification within a relevant subject
• Proven experience of successfully managing a distribution business or having a strong background within product sales and business development at a director level.
• Experience of doing business within a high quality, engineering biased customer base.
• Passion and drive, leading by example and inspiring your team to continuously develop their skills whilst delivering on the plans of the company.
• A strong commercial awareness, being data rationale, able to set effective targets that are achievable to meet corporate goals and objectives.,
• An adept ability to identify and close sales opportunities to ensure growth potential is realised.