Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000
Application date: 23rd Jul 2019
Working with The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC), a state-of-the-art research and development centre, maturing academic research and exploiting cutting edge and future tech in industry, the successful Manufacturing Consultant will be a part of the business launch centre and manufacturing support services team. Responsible for strengthening the MTC`s presence in the South West, providing a unique “one stop shop” manufacturing realisation and improvement service to SME`s and Start-up`s, giving them access to world class manufacturers, technologies and funding. The successful Manufacturing Consultant will have a background working with manufacturing-based SME`s as a Manufacturing Consultant or selling engineering services.
As a Manufacturing Consultant you will
• Deliver the primary business objectives for the Business Launch centre and manufacturing support services teams.
• Pro-actively engage with prospective clients in a timely and professional manner.
• Own and maintain key client relationships.
• Understand the client`s technological and strategic roadmaps.
• Develop the Manufacturing Support Services value proposition for prospective clients and the specific project activities the company can support to deliver their business objectives.
• Understand and validate the financial position of the client and their funding stream. Generate business cases for funding allocation. Understand the client`s internal organisational structure and alignment with budget holders.
• Develop proposals.
• Close deals with clients.
• Identify next stage projects.
• Sales pipeline management and reporting through the phases of opportunity identification, validation, qualification and then closing.
• Provide proactive support to the Head of Business Development, Manufacturing Support Services
The ideal Manufacturing Consultant will have;
• An industrial manufacturing Engineering background in automotive, aerospace & defence, electronics or general engineering.
• Experience in a manufacturing consultancy role or selling general engineering services in to SME`s.
• Technical qualification such as an Engineering degree or MBA (desirable).