Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £75,000 to £85,000 + benefits
Application date: 9th Aug 2021
A health products business in Leicestershire is recruiting for a Manufacturing Director on a permanent, full-time basis. This person will create a supply chain, manufacturing and packing strategy to meet the requirements of the business.
Manufacturing Director responsibilities:
• Manage a team of 5 direct reports, covering operations, packing, warehousing, manufacturing and distribution.
• This person will oversee demand planning, MRP, inbound and outbound supply chain, warehousing and order fulfilment.
• Manage the quality management system, liaising with the QA Manager, overseeing any personnel issues.
• Ensure optimal use of manufacturing machinery and staff, and that products are produced to specification.
• The manufacturing environment is kept to GMP standards, and staff are monitored and evaluated at regular intervals.
• Work with warehouse staff, to create optimal use of warehouse space and staff.
• Ensure stock integrity is maintained at all times and ensure machinery is maintained in good working order.
• Monitor and record manufacturing and packing throughput, minimising errors through action.
As the Manufacturing Director:
• Hold a degree or equivalent in manufacturing, engineering or business management
• Have 10 years‘ experience in food, drink or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry (bottling, packing)
• Have experience in complex manufacturing procedures and process improvement
• Proven exposure to managing and preventing bottlenecks within production environment
• Exposure to a regulated FMCG environment, as well as brand and 3rd party manufacturing
• Experienced managing a multi-skilled team of staff