Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: Generous salary + benefits
Application date: 25th Oct 2023
Your new company
You will be joining a leading biopharmaceutical company focused on delivering innovative therapies, backed by significant funding and extensive partnerships within the biotech industry. They have a track record of innovation and are moving into clinical trial manufacture as they take their drugs into clinical trials. Working in a state of the art facility, you will be taking on a leadership role to help them move into the next phase of their business.
Your new role
As the Director of Manufacturing role will oversee the efficient operations for all aspects of the company’s clinical trial manufacture to support their clinical trials. As well as taking on a leadership role, you will be responsible for helping set and maintain the high performing, collaborative culture by working closely with other teams, such as Clinical Operations, QA, etc.
Major responsibilities will also include:
• Reviewing and optimising protocols and processes, ensuring a continuous improvement mindset to get the best out of the facility
• Plan and ensure the safe and efficient manufacture of clinical batches, eg cGMP and their production on time to ensure they go to patients in a timely manner
• Input into QA and regulatory requirements, working closely with other heads of department to ensure compliance with regulations/standards
What you’ll need to succeed
To excel in this role, you should possess the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
• A relevant degree – MSc or PhD preferred (or equivalent experience) in biology, biotechnology, engineering, chemical engineering or a related field
• A track record of managing clinical trial manufacturing, preferably for cell/gene therapies or other ATMPs
• Good understanding of cell culture or other biologics manufacturing
• Line management experience, preferably including recruiting, training and/or mentoring staff
• Experience of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or troubleshooting would be an advantage for this role, as would the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What you’ll get in return
As well as a generous salary and benefits package, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact in one of the most exciting biotech companies within the UK. The company has a collaborative atmosphere and puts significant investment into training, progression and development.