Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 + bonus & package
Application date: 31st May 2021
Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager based in the Dundee region. Operating from a large static site they have an excellent reputation for the innovation, quality and breadth of products, supplying a wide and demanding marketplace in which the requirements for world-class quality are ever-present. The operation has enjoyed significant recent growth and has ambitious plans for the future.
The role carries responsibility for the leadership of the Manufacturing Engineering function working with a professional, experienced and highly focused team of engineers and technical specialists. The Company is committed to appointing a high calibre individual on an upward curve in their career who is capable of leading and motivating in a hands-on way an established manufacturing team.
This is a superb career opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager within a dynamic, growing company that is committed to employee fulfilment, inclusion, diversity and wellness and the prospects for you to move into either a senior operations role or a larger divisional role are very real.
As Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will have the vision and creativity to ensure a strong working relationship with your colleagues in quality, engineering and commercial functions whilst simultaneously ensuring that longer-term manufacturing and business goals are achieved. You will be responsible for the overall performance, development of manufacturing technical resources and capability (both equipment and personnel), ensuring compliance with all regulatory and safety requirements. This will include responsibility for;
• Sustaining Engineering: Support of current business to develop and deliver response capability that maintains optimal performance of current product and manufacturing processes. Ensuring capability to meet hourly, daily and weekly output targets in an environment of rapid changes to customer demand.
• Continuous Improvement: Generation and delivery of Operational Excellence and Kaizen capability into the manufacturing function
• Development and deployment of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity improvements into the manufacturing function.
• Realization of productivity gains through the deployment of process design, OEE, statistical analysis and problem-solving techniques.
• New Product Introduction: Contributing through a concurrent product development process, ensure all aspects of the function relating to the development and introduction of product and process effectively contribute to delivering against business strategy, Operational Excellence standards and regulatory compliance.
Candidate Experience and Qualification:
Experience gained in world-class manufacturing business; progression will have seen you grow through operations and into a manufacturing leadership position.
• Degree level of Engineering or related manufacturing engineering qualification
• Demonstrated success in a manufacturing/production management position
• Significant experience in driving Operational Excellence in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to lead with humility and deploy a coaching style
• Record of developing organisational design including team structures and positioning talent
• Success in developing people through talent assessment and gap analysis
• Success as a Project Manager, certification (e.g. Prince 2) would be an advantage
• Record of establishing and developing procedural frameworks with a strong belief in process adherence
• Ability to develop and nurture cross-functional relationships matched to critical thinking
• Strength and credibility in influencing Senior Leadership to shape strategic direction
• Value voice of customer (internal and external), capture opportunities and drive related improvements