Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £55,00 - £60,000 + package
Application date: 12th Jul 2022
Our client is a large FMCG business looking for an Engineering Manager based in their Glasgow business.
Purpose of Job
Manage the Maintenance Team to ensure effective equipment performance, including site services, and delivery of the PPM programme, whilst reacting to unplanned breakdowns efficiently and working closely with the production team to plan effective plant changeovers.
Lead and manage engineering projects, coordinate and monitor the project activities ensuring compliance with Company procedures and guidelines, including forecasting, planning, risk and change management and financial reporting.
– Responsible for managing, coaching, monitoring & appraisal of direct reports
– Ensure planned & unplanned downtime and change-overs are being resolved at pace
– Ensure adherence to the PPM programme, reviewing and modifying in response to issues identified during the inspections
– Manage contractors for project delivery, including installation and commissioning
– Develop and manage a top-level project roadmap for project activities to achieve agreed deadlines and to coordinate the business resources necessary to achieve these goals.
– Present monthly updates on project highlights, lowlights, customer status, cost and schedule to technical stakeholders, leadership and senior management.
– Control all engineering costs within the agreed budget
– Manage site services, service contracts and statutory requirements
– Ensure engineering department is audit ready, GMP, hygiene and H&S compliance
– Identify and develop initiatives to maintain skill & competency levels within the engineering team
– Exercise professional judgement in relation to repair of equipment whilst ensuring quality standards and safe working practices
– Engineering Spend
– Project Cost Variance
– Unplanned Equipment Downtime
– Adherence to PPM schedule
– Closure or EWR’s
– GMP & Hygiene Scores for engineering workshop, plant rooms and stores
– Accident frequency rate of team
– Absence Rate of team
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
– Recognized Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualification.
– Proven track record in Management within an FMCG environment, preferably food
– Thorough understanding of PPM techniques
– Positive mentality with the ability to engage, inspire, motivate and support a team to deliver goals
– Proactive approach to problem solving & root cause analysis
– Proven leadership skills, and will lead by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty and integrity
– Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently and work autonomously
– Ability to produce detailed Engineering and Process Risk assessments
– Experience of working within a Lean Environment
– IOSH Working Safely and REHIS food safety