Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 + bonus & benefits
Application date: 6th Sep 2023
About Our Client
Our client is a well established global industrial component manufacturing company based in Runcorn
You will be responsible for leading large-scale new product introductions, developing and implementing new manufacturing technologies, and defining long-term manufacturing process and equipment strategies. You will Provide leadership for the Manufacturing Process Engineering group, fostering a high level of innovation to fully leverage existing expertise and capital equipment and to develop new, state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies. Actively support and/or implement continuous improvement philosophies and techniques (e.g. lean enterprise, six sigma). The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. You will need to be self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure, prioritize workload, and manage several tasks concurrently.
· Leads New Product Implementation. Create and develop manufacturing system concepts to fulfill business needs. Work with design engineers and production to quote, specify, order, debug, receive, install, and runoff new production equipment.
· Develop and Implement New Manufacturing Processes. Conceive, develop and successfully implement new manufacturing processes and technology in support of strategic objectives.
· Maximize Operations Production and Efficiency. Maintain the current systems and equipment through analysis, troubleshooting and improvement. Perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency.
· Upgrade Material and Equipment. Work with engineering and equipment suppliers to determine designs and configurations for new equipment and upgrades in conformance with company specifications and quality standards. Preparation of financial analysis for capital expenditures for tooling and equipment needed in support of existing product lines or processes.
· Demonstrate Project Management and Technical Expertise. Demonstrate technical expertise in project management including; scheduling, tracking, team assignments, allocation of resources, status reports, facilitate effective problem solving, and “selling” of new and innovative concepts.
· Collaborate with Other Departments. Interface between Design and Production to ensure designs are acceptable for manufacturing, equipment is designed properly to work with the designs presented and the equipment will align with the current equipment.
· Supervise and Develop Employees. Direct the team to ensure timely and successful completion of projects and new product introductions in accordance with above responsibilities. Demonstrate core cultural competencies to subordinates.
· Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
The Successful Applicant
· You will be a proven manufacturing engineering maanger / production engineering manager from an industrial manufacturing background.
· Degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering required, or equivalent.
· Significant experience working in an organization that has successfully used one or more continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.).
· Prior experience of leading professional technical teams essential..
· Experience managing and leading a portfolio of large-scale manufacturing projects; plant level process experience.
· Mastery of philosophy and techniques of several of the following: cellular manufacturing, self-directed work teams, problem solving, 5S, pull systems, mistake proofing, SMED, Kaizen, change management, ergonomics, TQM, learning organizations.
· Knowledge of Statistical Process Control techniques.
· Mastery of electrical and mechanical machining equipment, able to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, and capable of setting up and monitoring preventive maintenance systems. Also capable of troubleshooting and performing minor repairs to equipment.
· Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repairing, and recognizing acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas.
· Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
· Experience with Microsoft Office products.
· Champion for Safety. Safety focus is critical for the organization. Responsible for continuous training/education initiatives with intent to eliminate recordable and /or lost time injuries. Also responsible for housekeeping in accordance with 5S principles.
What’s on Offer
£60,000 to £70,000 plus bonus and benefits