Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Application date: 6th Apr 2018
A Manufacturing Engineering Manager is required for a growing manufacturer of construction products based in Swadlincote, Derbyshire. Due to rapid growth, support is needed to strengthen the management team in order to meet customer demand and to ensure a robust, operationally sound production, storage, assembly and dispatch process.
As Manufacturing Engineering Manager you will be required to:
• Review all areas of the production, stock management, kitting and logistics function, identifying operational improvements.
• Ensure that the right people are in the right place at the right time and that adequate training plans are written and delivered accordingly, to ensure an up-skilled workforce.
• Train and coach staff to work in an efficient and productive way.
• Find ways to simplify processes across all areas to improve efficiency and prevent recurring mistakes.
• Work closely with the Production Manager to identify bottlenecks and work together to formulate a plan of action.
• Work to integrate communication between sales, production, packing and dispatch.
• Review staffing levels and costs and look at ways to streamline the process taking out waste and increasing productivity.
• Initially manage operations across 2 local manufacturing and dispatch warehouses and look to support the integration of these sites in to one unit during 2018.
The suitable candidate for this role of Manufacturing Engineering Manager will need to have the following skills and experience:
• Experienced manufacturing, engineering or operations manager within a busy manufacturer.
• Hands on manager able to motivate a team of around 20+ personnel.
• Knowledge of production planning, transport, production flows and stock layout is essential.
• Technical qualification in engineering is highly desirable.
If you have the required skills for this role of Manufacturing Engineering Manager and you are keen to work for a growing and ambitious company with lots of potential then please click on the link to apply.