Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Recruiter: Optima UK
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Application date: 9th Apr 2019
Optima UK is currently looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Leader with a background in gas turbines, or within an RPO facility. This would suit an individual that thrives on hands-on problem solving on the shop floor as well as the ability to lead a team and drive performance.
• Experience of Manufacturing or Process Engineering role within the aerospace industry.
• Knowledge of gas turbines (Hot End) is essential
• Develop, implement, maintain and continuously improve manufacturing processes and/or methods of manufacture which are capable of meeting and continuing to meet requirements for quality, cost, delivery rate and lead time.
• Create, maintain and/or govern elements of the Technical Package (technical instructions, programs, tooling, etc.) which clearly define the manufacturing process and control it effectively.
• Capture and analyse data to demonstrate the current and future capability of manufacturing processes.
• RFT – Right First Time and DPU – Defect Per Unit improvements.
• Work with interfacing teams (Research & Technology, Design, Plant Teams, etc.), partners and suppliers to ensure technical aspects of manufacturing processes are understood and accounted for as required.
• Resolve technical problems.
The client is an established, global aerospace engineering company.