Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 + bonus and benefits.
Application date: 15th Mar 2019
Part of a truly global organisation spanning 46 countries and employing 24,000 people, our client is without doubt a world leader in its field. With an outstanding heritage and reputation as a true innovator, they design and manufacture high performance capital equipment for the packaging industry. A business committed to innovation and unrivalled service, growth and investment remain firmly on the agenda and as such, we are looking to appoint an outstanding Manufacturing Manager to this exciting position.
• Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will have direct responsibility for a demanding function and will lead all aspects of assembly, making substantial improvements through the introduction of process, methods and technologies.
• To set the strategy for the assembly area, driving waste elimination and developing a truly measurable continuous improvement culture.
• Simultaneously, you will use your expertise to lead a manufacturing/assembly team towards ‘best in class’ and know the inputs required to bring added value going way beyond cost cutting.
• You will create a rigorous quality philosophy and drive this into every aspect of operational roles and responsibility.
• To recommend and implement new process flows in order to reduce non value added labour time and waste.
• To align process capabilities with the needs of the business and control operating budgets and costs.
• This exciting role demands a high calibre manufacturing specialist, who relishes the opportunity to tackle a highly autonomous ‘hands on’ position.
• Of graduate calibre, with an engineering bias, you will have developed your expertise ideally within a progressive and demanding manufacturing/assembly organisation, where you will have most likely been exposed to complex products/assemblies/sub-assemblies etc.
• As such, you may well be working within the white goods, automotive, capital equipment, aerospace, heavy/light engineering, lighting or similar world class sectors.
• A self starter, goal orientated, decisive and tenacious, you will have the stature to challenge and influence those around you and drive measurable business improvements into the organisation.
• Ability to advance in an organisation which continues to re-shape in line with the marketplace and customer demands.