Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Up to £56,000 + bonus & excellent pension
Application date: 11th Jan 2019
Are you an experienced Manufacturing Manager from a food production background? Are you able to empower your teams to help drive a cultural change? Do you have strong project management experience? Do you aspire to be a Plant Director in the next 5 to 10 years? This could be the role for you?
Continuing our partnership with one of the fastest growing FMCG businesses in Europe, employing over 10,000 people, in more than 50 factories producing close to 2million tonnes of product per year across the globe. It has never been a better time to join, with a strong business acquisition programme ongoing, a forward order book that is at breaking point and a brand that has gone from strength to strength, time has come to invest in their capabilities here in the UK.
To maintain the speed of growth they have seen over the last 2 years, a significant CAPEX programme is due to be undertaken in the next 6 to 8 years. To support this growth, we are now looking for a Manufacturing Manager to report into the Plant Director.
The Manufacturing Manager will take control of all UK manufacturing activities and ensure the planned output is achieved within budget through KPI performance reporting. As you would expect this is an exciting time, so you will also proactively lead and manage all relevant projects introduced into your area of responsibility, whilst developing your staff to achieve their goals through your mentorship
About the role
• Proactively lead and manage projects and initiatives impacting manufacturing areas
• Co-ordinate activities with other functions ensuring delivery of product in line with customer expectations
• Lead all activities creating long and short-term goals for supervision and promoting continuous improvement
• Provide regular reports and agree on execution of projects in partnership with the Plant Director
• Ensure production plans are agreed and met
• Ensure all product is produced in line with customer quality requirements, and to investigate all complaints to resolution.
• Promote safe working
• Actively work with the engineering function to ensure equipment is introduced and maintained
• Proactively support product introductions and provide relevant input
• Minimum 5 years management experience within a manufacturing environment
• Technical background preferred
• Minimum 2 year’s experience managing large projects
• Must be proficient in MS Office with strong analytical skills
• Must have demonstrable customer-facing experience
• Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, at all levels (including presentations)
• Understanding of SAP would be preferred
There is a real opportunity for progression to Plant Director in the next 5 to 10 years, so we are looking for someone with the gravitas, experience and future potential to step into that role down the line