Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Application date: 20th Sep 2019
We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Manager to work at our client’s site in Stoke-on-Trent, the role will be developing the UK manufacturing operation and to ensure delivery of customer requirements, on time, to cost and compliant with the specified quality standards.
The role will require the optimization of all machinery and staffing resources, to meet fluctuating demands in an efficient manner, whilst maintaining a high standard of work environment, facilities and employee engagement.
This role will require a strong leadership ability to manage up to 40 employees and to work cross-functionally with the Procurement, Engineering, Quality and Programme Management functions.
• Preparing and executing the Production schedule, ensuring that machinery and staff resources are available to meet 1 month, 3 months and 6 months’ work loading. This will require the organization of flexible working arrangements, to meet urgent and peak production demands, as appropriate.
• Implementing effective job status tracking and capture of job timings to allow full contract costing to be completed on a daily basis.
• Maintaining H&S and Quality standards within the manufacturing facilities, ensuring that best practices are employed in the organization of work areas and work flows.
• Maintaining the production facilities and associated equipment, working closely with the Quality Manager to establish an effective measurement Instrument and gauge calibration programme.
• Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, daily production goals and hourly progress towards these goals. Manage and report KPI analysis daily.
• Ensure process improvements by using LEAN methodologies to enhance productivity.
• Identification and delivery of improvement plans for the manufacturing site ensuring proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments and shifts
• Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering degree
• 5 – 10 years management experience in a SME manufacturing environment.
• LEAN manufacturing practitioner.
• Strong interpersonal qualities
• Proven Team builder
• Self-motivated and results driven
• Good problem-solving ability
• Embraces change and drive continuous improvement.