Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Application date: 16th Oct 2020
A well respected and regarded general engineering SME have asked us to assist them in the recruitment of an outstanding Manufacturing Manager to complement their management team in driving forward business change.
As Manufacturing Manager, you will be expected to lead the manufacturing function keeping within budget and achieving output targets to exceed customer requirements and standards. You will be expected to work closely with all levels of the business including the senior management team.
A major part of the role is to influence positive culture change through developing an enthusiastic, motivated, and flexible team by building working relationships with all business units in the company.
You will be instrumental in implementing and managing continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
As Manufacturing Manager, you will improve excellent by
• Effectively and efficiently managing the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets and meeting customer specifications, exceeding where possible quality and delivery expectations.
• Communicating and liaising with other departmental managers regarding throughput of parts to ensure production targets are met.
• Identifying and implementing process improvements across both own and supporting departments.
• Assisting with resolution of quality concerns with customers and internal teams.
• Building customer relationships
Delivering a high performing multi-disciplined team is a critical part of the role, and ensuring that your team is continually motivated and managed professionally with robust targets and kpi’s
You will do this by:
• Monitoring the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
• Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standard and behaviours expected of them
• Identify and qualify capital expenditure requirements
• Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
• You will take ownership for team cohesion and team development
• Developing a culture of continuous improvement
It is desirable you will have the following qualifications:
Qualified to degree level, ILM Certificate of level 5 or above or equivalent
Six Sigma qualification
We are seeking a Manufacturing Manager who has the following experience:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment
• Competence in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
• Demonstrable evidence of leading a team
• Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the business
• Understanding and ability to work in an SME
• Lean manufacturing/kaizen experience
• ERP systems knowledge
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join this business at the beginning of an important journey, the position will enable you to influence change and have a strategic say in the direction of the business.