Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Application date: 13th Oct 2021
An engineering solutions company are recruiting for a Workshop Manager to lead the fabrication and welding team. You will be responsible for managing a team, allocating work to manufacturer pipework assemblies, steel work and supports. You will have experience leading a team, managing finances and budgets with a background within fabrication.
As a Workshop Manager your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
• You will be responsible for controlling cost, managing timings and progress on multiple fabrication projects.
• Working closely with the design team on drawings, specifications and quality standards are being maintained.
• Purchasing materials and consumables for each project and maintaining the budget allocated.
• Manage projects from quote to invoice.
• Produce quotations on pipework assemblies, gantries, bracketry, secondary steelwork etc. for internal and external customers
• Ensure Health and Safety, quality and environmental standards are maintained
An exciting opportunity for a Workshop Manager with the following:
• Degree qualified or Apprentice trained within mechanical engineering, with a strong understanding of fabrication and welding.
• Experienced with managing a team of fabricators and welders.
• Comfortable with managing workloads, projects, and budgets for the workshop.
• Excellent project management and communication skills.
• A background working for business that produces parts for manufacturing industries.
• Full UK Driving license.