Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Application date: 3rd Nov 2021
• We are currently recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing Manager to lead the manufacturing function for our client at their facility in Wednesbury, the role will have full accountability for managing product compliance, assembly process, ensuring safety standards, quality assurance, cost control and delivery requirements are met.
• The role will also be responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated, and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered too.
• Along with taking ownership of the supply chain focusing on purchasing cost controls, MOQ, quality and lead times with a view to ensuring tight cost control.
• Manage the team on best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading teams.
• Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes Includes people management and budgetary/cost reporting.
• Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance, along with Identifying business improvement opportunities within the organisation and New product development.
• Responsible for all aspects of production, manufacturing division financial performance, meeting customer delivery requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities
• Ensure the target productivity level is achieved daily and update the production plan daily
• Communicate and liaise with other departmental managers regarding, forecasting and throughput of stock to ensure production targets are met
• Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data analysis
• Produce written reports and make presentations, undertake continuous training and development and Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
• All aspects of people management including managing, coaching and developing a high performing manufacturing team, setting department KPIs, reporting on achievement and promoting high standards.
• Financial and Budgetary control, including annual manufacturing budget and forecasts and all capital expenditure proposals, including responsible for achieving budget savings and forecasts.
• Also additional responsibilities within relationship management and working collaboratively with all key stakeholders.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Excellent leadership and man- management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
• Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
• Commercial and Financial acumen V1 Aug 2021
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE LEVELS:
• Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred
• Extensive plant level experience with significant proven supervisory experience
• Technical understanding
• Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Kaizen, lean manufacturing
• Experience of managing Profit & Loss responsibilities for manufacturing
• Understanding of manufacturing and procurement/supply chain
• Deep Understanding of, ISO 14001, ISO 9001:2015
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Membership of an appropriate industry related professional body would be advantageous