Recruiter: Michael Page
Location: South East London
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Application date: 17th Aug 2022
About Our Client
A leading design and manufacturing business in South East London.
The Manufacturing Manager will have the following responsibilities:
• Ensure safe, compliant, efficient and effective operation of the manufacturing site and production processes.
• Promotes a safety culture where personnel adhere to safe work practices & standard operating procedures.
• Leads, manages and motivates the team of Production Team Leaders, Engineers and manufacturing staff in the delivery of consistently high standards of product quality, operational excellence, and customer service.
• Developing and executing the manufacturing strategy to maximise operational effectiveness. Planning and organising the manufacturing functions and structure to ensure capacity and capability are able to meet agreed requirements for safety, quality, delivery, cost and people performance (SQDCP).
• Working closely with Purchasing, Engineering and Quality team to ensure a quick and pragmatic resolution to any issues which may affect production effectiveness and product quality.
• Developing, delivering and supporting the delivery of business improvement initiatives, including a robust continuous improvement strategy for manufacturing in partnership with the Management Team and key business stakeholders.
• Inspiring manufacturing teams to challenge existing processes and implementing solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the production systems/processes.
• Acting as a champion for improving product quality and systems and developing process controls, ensuring all areas comply with company and quality procedures and standards.
• Ensuring costs are minimised through the best possible utilisation of plant, equipment, staff and consumable purchases.
The Successful Applicant
• Production Manager or Manufacturing Manager from a manufacturing background, ideally electro-mechanical, with a track record of delivering effective manufacturing strategies, systems, processes and policies.
• Degree in a Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering or equivalent.
• Excellent knowledge of implementing continuous improvement & operational excellence philosophies including lean and six sigma.
• Excellent leadership and people management skills.
• Good knowledge of MRP systems.
• A strong awareness of and full commitment to the adherence of health and safety guidelines.
What’s on Offer
£60,000 – £70,000 + Benefits