Recruiter: Michael Page
Location: Ellesmere Port
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 + benefits
Application date: 22nd Feb 2023
About Our Client
Our client is a growing, market leading aerospace and defence manufacturing company.
The purpose of this role is to execute business and manufacturing strategies, with the primary focus on production management, driving and optimizing all processes to ensure consistently high levels of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity & People Engagement, implementing structures and systems to enable, maintain, and deliver the business plan in the Operations function.
The Manufacturing Manager will oversee all daily operations of production, driving a right first-time high quality culture, generating a culture of high performance through effective relationships and collaboration/alignment across all functions, ensuring accountability at all levels.
• Provide day-to-day strategic leadership for Operations and direction to all functional areas supporting the successful operation of the business
• Optimise operational performance, including efficiency & productivity
• Ensure compliance to the quality management system
• Implement/sustain visible work centre targets/metrics for business performance monitoring
• Establishing systems and mechanisms to support execution of the production plan including appropriate escalation mechanisms
• Work closely with the leadership team to ensure the organisational structure, capacity and resources are appropriate to meet the business demands and anticipate the current/future states of the business
• Implement and embed OPEX lean culture and practices
• Support the Commercial and Customer Service team in their mission for strong collaborative customer relationships through knowledge, commitment, consistent results
• Support new product introduction. Capital expenditure planning, people development and organizational capacity planning to deliver NPI and handle volume changes
• Plan and successfully deliver against a robust budget and business plan to include cost management and the achievement of revenue & profit targets
• Ensure that all employees understand, support and demonstrate the cultural values, norms and standards that govern the successful operations and business growth
The Successful Applicant
• Production / Manufacturing experience is essential at senior management level.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Engineering or related
field of study or equivalent is likeable but track record is paramount
• Proven track record successfully managing manufacturing operations to achieve bottom line profitability
through sustainable operational excellence to include lean manufacturing, process
management, systems maximization and the development of a strong team is essential
• Proven leadership ability
• Experienced in shaping, embedding, and coaching a team with clear accountabilities in a results oriented environment
• Experienced in building and managing customer relationships in an industry where competition
is high, and results are achieved through operational and quality excellence
• Engineering knowledge desirable but not essential
• Formal management and or business qualification or equivalent desirable but not essential
• Good working knowledge of SIGMA 6 and Lean preferable.
What’s on Offer
£60,000 to £70,000 plus benefits