Recruiter: Theo James
Salary: Up to £60,000
Application date: 9th Jun 2023
Our client is a specialist manufacturer based in the Derwentside area, with easy links to the A68 and A1.
Our client is a global multi-brand manufacturer of a household name. Due to their continued growth, they are now looking for a Manufacturing Manager. Its products are used all over the world and they employ over 8,000 staff worldwide.
Up to £60,000 for the right candidate, plus excellent benefits:-
• 39 per week / Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8 to 5 with 30 min unpaid break and Friday 8 – 1pm with no break. However flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the business
• 25 days + 8 BH annual leave entitlement (a number of days to be reserved for Christmas shutdown each year – usually around 3 to 4 days)
• Pension – auto enrolment at 12 weeks (5% EE & 3% ER). On completion of probation period there is the opportunity to join the company pension scheme (salary sacrifice) – 5% EE & 10% ER
• Private Medical Scheme – BUPA for employee which is a taxable benefit following completion of probation period. There is the option to add family members at a cost to the employee
• Death in service payment: 3 x basic salary
• 6 months’ probation period
The Manufacturing Manager will ensure that safety, quality, cost, delivery and people objectives are being met through the deployment of lean manufacturing processes and methods.
Key duties include:-
• Effectively & efficiently manage the manufacturing demand, maximising yield and productivity
• Maintain control of manpower budget with specific reference to overhead/ overtime costs in accordance with production targets and agreed budgets
• Evaluation of operational performance through the analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with associated action plans and countermeasures
• Utilise adequate KPIs to manage the objectives and provide monthly reporting on
• Achieve manufacturing targets within agreed budget and to agreed standards
• Monitor and develop adherence to the plan and introducing improvement actions and modern manufacturing techniques
• Drive an improvement culture of “right first time” to ensure failure avoidance or re-
• Carry out gap analysis and drive corrective actions to ensure objectives are being met on a constant basis
• Provide input to the strategic direction of the manufacturing in terms of growth, performance etc
• Propose CapEx investments to improve quality and performance
• Provide support to all reports to ensure they are given measurable objectives and necessary resources to achieve them
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement in all staff
• Continuously develop the manufacturing management team selecting the correct improvement tools/course
Skills & experience
• Hold a HNC, HND or Degree in an manufacturing or engineering related field
• BIT Level III
• Qualified experience at the appropriate level
• Extensive experience of production processes.
• Demonstrable experience of continuous improvement tools and Lean techniques
• Change management experience
• Budget management experience.
• Experience of capital expenditure and project management.
Why Should You Apply?
• Excellent salary and benefits
• Genuine opportunity for progression within the business
• Award winning Manufacturer