Manufacturing Operations Manager
Recruiter: Theo James
Location: County Durham
Salary: Up to £65,000 + benefits
Application date: 24th May 2022
“Innovation, collaboration and People” are just some of the company’s core values that epitomizes the culture they celebrate. With contract wins and an open mindedness for change, this is fantastic business to join.
• The postholder will drive Lean manufacturing principles, such as standard work through kaizen led activities to improve the manufacturing flow throughout the business.
• Ensure lead times are adhered to and kept at a level in-line with customer demand
• Motivate and address any staff problems/grievances that could affect motivation.
• To realise manufacturing plans, issued by Planning, to supply product on-time, to customer specification and at lowest possible cost
• Providing Senior Leaders with effective information to support decision-making that aligns the company’s product, demand, supply, and financial and strategic plans.
• Form and lead cross-functional teams involving leadership from Finance, Sales and Product Management, Development, Finance and Supply to resolve projected supply/demand imbalances.
• Track, monitor, and report KPI’s to identify continual improvement opportunities and support with time bound action plans
• Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
• Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities & development resources and best practices.
Skills & experience
• Experience within all aspects of manufacturing operations management gained through leadership of similar industry and related range of customers.
• Experience leading multi-disciplined teams from project inception through to completion covering key areas of QHSE, manufacturing, process engineering, maintenance & facilities, test services.
• Knowledge and experience of the challenges and complexities of delivering projects within Subsea / Renewables offshore environment. Flexibles, Cable, Umbilical or Subsea protection / stability knowledge would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of PU manufacturing product applications and associated manufacturing methods would be an advantage.
• QHSE leadership and Continuous Improvement focused