Manufacturing Operations Manager
Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Application date: 17th May 2023
Our client is a manufacturing and repairs company based in Fife producing electric motors/generators for various Global industries such as North Sea Development, American Nuclear, Power Stations, Global Cement companies to Scottish Water.
Responsible for the overall delivery of the new business units projects, whilst implementing the business’s procedures in line with company standards. Working directly with Project Managers to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. Coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and delivered in safe and professional manner.
– Single point of contact for the day-to-day management of assigned projects within the Operations Department.
– Scheduling of all projects work, to ensure manufacturing is progressed in line with project plans and to work order specifications.
– Established priorities and the availability and capability of employees, parts, materials, machines, and equipment.
– Review and understand project plans to manage the manufacturing through current capacity.
– Adhere to the requirements of all internal quality systems.
– Review manufacturing processes and drive process improvements and reduce downtime
– Perform Root Cause Analysis and resolve problems
– Ensure documentation and technical reports are updated and completed for all new build projects.
– Coordination of projects between other departments on shared work scopes.
– Risk management within Contracts including HS&E and Commercial ensuring risks are identified, assessed, and demonstrably mitigated.
– Ensuring all projects carried out within in accordance with company and legislative SHEQ policies and procedures.
– The control of budgets and project expenditure in line with P&L responsibilities.
– Ensuring successful commissioning, handover, and closeout of the project to client/operations as appropriate.
– Developing further business opportunities within and external of other business units within the group.
– Achieving project obligations.
– Compliance with and commitment to:
– Policies and procedures
– Environmental policies and procedures
Competencies/Qualifications Skills Required:
– Previous experience within manufacturing
– HNC/HND in electro/mechanical engineering is desirable or suitable experience in service repair industries
– IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
– Good written and verbal communication skills.
– A strong focus on results and customer service.
– Ability to meet project deadlines.
– Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities.
– Ability to manage competing and demanding workload.
– Persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
– Proficient in MS Office Products. (Project, Excel, Word & Outlook)
– Knowledge of the practical application of HV Motor & Generator service / repair engineering.
– Proven track record of managing projects
– Technical understanding of HV Motors & Generators
– Good knowledge of Projects procedures and health and safety requirements.
– Project Management experience. (preferred)
– Full UK Driving license