Manufacturing Operations Manager
Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
Application date: 18th Jun 2020
Your new company
Your new organisation is globally recognised and manufacture specialist products for the healthcare industry. The company is made up of forward thinking professionals who team together in order to produce new technologies that save lives. The business is currently working on projects that are specifically designed to assist in the battle against COVID 19 so they are keen to speak to candidates who want to get involved and make a difference.
Your new role
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the product manufacturing functions with the business’ chosen commercial manufacturing partners, working closely with the operations function to ensure supply chain demand the fulfilled to the required product quality i.e. ISO 13485, or MHRA, or FDA (similar standards). A key part of this role will be supporting the VP of Manufacturing establishing product manufacturing at partner’s sites and transferring product designs and processes from the R&D team through to manufacture. This role will interface extensively with the development, quality, regulatory, operations and project management functions.
What you’ll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in both manufacturing IVDs/medical device consumables and transferring/establishing manufacturing with a CMO, ideally covering processes such as injection moulding of plastics, plastic assembly methods (thermal/laser welding), dried/wet reagent incorporation/handling, and related product and process quality control. Some key requirements are:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in engineering, or in a related life science or manufacturing area
• Previous 5+ years medical device or Pharma consumable industry experience in establishing manufacturing both in-house and with a CMO / external partners, and scaling volume production
• Significant IVD device development experience and skills associated with developing processes for commercial scale productions
• Demonstrated ability to work and motivate internal and external resource to ensure delivery of results
• Strong planning and management skills, as well as a capacity to present and relay key timelines and plans
• Experience in problem solving, negotiations and collaborative team-building across multiple geographies, cultures, technical disciplines, and external parties
• Experience integrating multiple manufacturing operations to deliver a complex product
• Experience with evaluation and management of global multi-product strategies and processes, history of delivery on strategies that mitigate risk, manage and reduce cost, ensure and improve product availability, and reliability over the life cycle of the product through to obsolescence
What you’ll get in return
Excellent career prospects, a competitive package, as well as the chance to work for an organisation making a clear impact within the healthcare/medical industry.