Manufacturing Operations Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 + benefits
Application date: 2nd Sep 2020
A Manufacturing Operations Manager is required with knowledge of manufacturing operations, P&L, equipment efficiencies and process improvement within a 1st Tier Automotive arena. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to continued growth and an increase in orders this company, a world-class automotive parts manufacturer based in the West Midlands requires a forward-thinking, hands-on Manufacturing Operations Manager with knowledge process improvement, manufacturing systems, productivity, waste elimination, man-management and P&L for a new permanent role. As a Manufacturing Operations Manager you will be required to:
• Effectively and efficiently manage the production area in line with customer specifications and demand, to meet all quality and delivery expectations, minimising costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times
• Responsible for plant production, manufacturing, financial performance, customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities
• Drive process improvements on OEE by appropriate data analysis while attending various meetings and action/communicate instructions
• Undertake continuous training and development of all personnel within the sphere of responsibility
• Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
The Manufacturing Operations Manager should have the following skills or experience:
• Good understanding of manufacturing operations, process improvement, waste elimination, change management and quality standards/systems/processes
• Excellent leadership qualities having a track record in driving and developing teams within a medium/high volume automotive arena
• Commercially astute with strong organizational and analytical skills with knowledge of P&L, cost reduction and supply chain.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of leading teams within a high volume 1st Tier manufacturing environment seeking a career opportunity with a growing business. In return for your experience, this specialist automotive company will offer you:
• £Comp plus benefits
• Excellent opportunity to work within a growing and forward-thinking organisations, where change management, process improvement and manufacturing principles at the forefront of all operations